Category: Mediterranean Diet, Santorini Recipe.
Serves: 6 ,
Preparation time: 1h 20min,
Eggs » Lunch » Greek recipes
Recipe Language : English
- Place the zucchini in a colander, salt them lightly and set aside to "act" salt and eliminate many fluids.
- In a large heavy-bottomed pan or a shallow pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat, put the onions, salt them lightly and saute for 5-6 minutes until just wilted and sweeten. Pull the pan from the heat and leave to cool.
- Preheat oven to 160 ° C. Grease a baking pan diameter 22 cm., Sprinkle with flour and shake the pan to drop the excess flour (if you do not put flour will not do crust bottom and will stay white and a soft sfougato).
- In a large bowl add the zucchini as the slightly squeeze handfuls to us. Add the sautéed onions and paprika, stir well, add the spice that we chose and gruyere and mix well again. Beat eggs well until they reach a light shade and fluffy (preferably in the mixer with the wire or with a hand mixer). So the sfougato will become fluffy.
- Immediately pour the beaten eggs to zucchini-onion mixture and mix carefully - do not want to 'sit' eggs. Finally, add the sour milk cheese or feta, shredded into small pieces by hand. Mix again very gently - do not want the mixture to homogenize and become like mud. Pour the mixture into the pan and lay the surface with a spatula so that it has everywhere the same thickness and cook evenly. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 25-35 minutes, until thickened egg and browned surface of sfougato.
- Leave the oven door ajar for 15 minutes before pushing the sfougato to "stand up" a bit.
- Serve with yogurt, tomato and salad, if desired, with smoked salmon or trout. The sfougato eaten cold.
Recipe Name : Sfougato Santorini souffle
Recipe Chef Name : Stavros G.
Recipe Course : Lunch
Recipe Type : Eggs
Recipe Cuisine : Greek recipes
Recipe Diet :
Ristorante Alla Rampa
Restaurant in Roma, Italy
ALLA RAMPA restaurant satisfies even the most fastidious tastes for more than 40 years. It is situated in the centre of the Old Town of Rome, between the touris...
List your Restaurant for FREE...
Côtes du Jura
Wines from France
Produit à partir du cépage Chardonnay (appelé localement Gamay blanc), ils peuvent être également assemblés avec du Savagnin. Il vieilli pendant plusieurs année...
List your Vineyard for FREE...
DESTILERIA LIMTUACO & COMPANY, INC.
Destileria Limtuaco & Co., Inc. is the oldest distillery in the Philippines established in 1852... ISO Certified by TUV(9001-2008).The Philippine market has alw...
List your Food Product for FREE...